Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

spiderman0616

Suspended
Original poster
Aug 1, 2010
So I draw/write/design on my iPad a lot on the couch or in bed and prop it up on a pillow or something, but I didn't have a good option for using it at the table or my desk in that scenario. I didn't want to buy the $100 Smart Folio when I already have the Magic Keyboard, so I gave my wife some specs (device size, angle, etc.) and asked her to custom craft me a drawing stand for it.

The top and bottom are made out of old clipboards with the clip part cut off. In between the clipboard parts is hard foam that she cut/shaped into a wedge shape. The top of the stand where the iPad rests has a thin layer of harder foam lining it. The ledge that holds the iPad is actually made out of pencils that she glued in place. She wrapped the whole thing in one of my old T shirts and then lined the little ledge with some fabric to make it look a little better.

What do you guys think? I quite like it! Much better than spending another $100 on a secondary folio cover that I wouldn't use that much.

Attachments

• IMG_0508.jpeg
    IMG_0508.jpeg
    402.2 KB · Views: 245
  • IMG_0509.jpeg
    IMG_0509.jpeg
    502.9 KB · Views: 215
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.