Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cathinoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
Being a mac newbie I need some help. I downloaded quite a few pics to iPhoto that I had taken in RAW only. I then renamed them all via iPhoto, thinking that I could export them renamed and still in RAW to Photoshop. I don't appear to be able to do this.

Any suggestions on what to do this time? I still have the originals on my memory card and can reimport them if need be.

Any suggestions for the "better" way to start with RAW pics next time.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
i think iphoto makes a jpeg of your RAw befor epassing it to iphoto library i could(veyr likely) be wrong, but i am pretty sur eyou still have those raws somewhere in your hd then you could open those raws with PS..

cathinoz

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 10, 2008
I can find them, but would like their file names

to come with them when I work with them in PS. I renamed every single one with a different name.

juanster

macrumors 68020
Mar 2, 2007
toronto
ohhh sorry i didn't read your post correctly, I don't know how to do that sorry.. im sure someone else here will be able to help you.. have you tried renaming them thru bridge and then bringin them over to uiphoto? i havent tried that but maybe worth a shot to se eif tahtw orks an dthen you can start doing that from now on...?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.