Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ecch

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 12, 2011
I have a iPod Nano gen 7, and had been using bluetooth earphones till they broke. So I thought i would use the lightening EarPods I got with my iPhone 7. When I plugged in the lightening EarPods I got a message on the Nano 7 saying "device not compatible"
I have the latest update installed and I am using genuine Apple products.
Is this a glitch in my Nano 7 or does the Nano 7 not support the lightening earphones?

Phil A.

Moderator emeritus
Apr 2, 2006
Shropshire, UK
The lightning headphones only work with iOS 10 according to Apple
Works with all devices that have a Lightning connector and support iOS 10 or later, including iPod touch, iPad and iPhone.

As the Nano doesn't run iOS I'd suggest they're incompatible

mitchsaunders

macrumors 6502
Jun 7, 2014
Brisbane, Australia
I have a iPod Nano gen 7, and had been using bluetooth earphones till they broke. So I thought i would use the lightening EarPods I got with my iPhone 7. When I plugged in the lightening EarPods I got a message on the Nano 7 saying "device not compatible"
I have the latest update installed and I am using genuine Apple products.
Is this a glitch in my Nano 7 or does the Nano 7 not support the lightening earphones?

Nope it doesn't. Had a Nano 7th Gen with the same issue. I upgraded to the iPod touch a few months ago because I use Apple Music more, and the Lightning EarPods are compatible :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.