Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
i'm not sure if this is the right place to ask this but........i just got an old digital camera for free. it says it's charged and i have new batteries in it but it only works for like 5mins. i have no clue why this is happinging? besides that it works great! could it be the internal battery of the camera?

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
The 935 uses standard AA batteries as well. The "charging dock" is simply a way to charge the lithium ion batteries in there. You can use simple alkaline batteries (~$5 for a 6 pack). If you want the lithium recharchable ones, they are about $7 for a pair.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
yeah the aa are band new so it has to be the lithium huh? think they will have the info on how to replace it on the hp site? is it easy to do?

Lovesong

macrumors 65816
So wait- you're using brand new AA batteries? The camera should function fine then.

The power to the camera is dependent only on those two batteries, so if using new batteries doesn't work, it's likely that there is a connection issue somewhere. My GF's camera used to do that, and she used to solve the issue by shaking it. I finally fixed it by opening the entire thing up and re-aligning the connectors. Call HP and let them guide you through some troubleshooting steps. If you aren't that handy with electronics, you might want to ask how much it would be for you to send it in- they're usually pretty good about that stuff. Good luck.

Cindynjgirl79

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 30, 2007
New Jersey
thanks for the info. the thougt of calling hp makes me break out it to hives. think i'm just going to get a new camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.