Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Pepanee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Hello, and thank you for reading this to help assist me in this. I am looking for a very specific request, and nothing that's alternative to my request, unless it is very simple and does exactly the same thing:

I am looking for an automated method that would Enable the "Allow Notifications" slider (without changing any sub-options in that category) for about 5 apps, that I get to choose when to do that, with a simple click from the Home Screen or within an app that allows this little macro, and vice versa.

So for example, once I do the click, it will automatically slide the "Allow Notifications" slider to OFF for those certain 5 apps.

(Two Example Photos):
IMG_0171.PNG
IMG_0173.PNG

And when I click the thing again, it will automatically slide the "Allow Notifications" slider to ON for those certain 5 apps.

(Two Example Photos):
IMG_0172.PNG
IMG_0174.PNG

Is there a very simple macro that can easily do this for me please? I cannot go through the hassle of doing this manually for those 5 apps that I need to do it for. I wouldn't be asking for this assistance if those certain 5 apps didn't require the notifications to be enabled in order to use those apps. (I hate when apps abuse that idea of required notifications in order to use the apps). The reason why I want to turn off the notifications for these apps at any time of my choosing, is because of how annoying these specific apps [they send nonstop notifications throughout the day, at random times, with a sound and message etc.]
(By the way, the pictures above are only examples and do not refer to those specific apps that I am talking about; those pictures above are only examples).

But please, I am looking for that specific idea of what I requested. Nice and simple. Hassle free, and very straight forward. I really appreciate your assistance in this.

Last edited:

Pepanee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Thanks for the reply.

Apple needs to be aware of this inconvenience that certain apps are abusing the idea of "Notifications" and should allow some sort of app/setting that can let people easily Enable & Disable notifications for certain apps, without having to go through the hassle of going through that whole list of apps and doing it manually.

Anyone else have other suggestions?

Last edited:

Pepanee

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 5, 2018
Never mind.

I lately noticed, by definition, it seems like fixing that issue on my phone is impossible. This applies to anything technological. I just need to practice giving up early and quickly. It really sucks. I am forced to live such an inconvenient life by others. ?

I hope it all changes soon before I give up completely on it all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.