Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
I'm currently writing an app and I'd like someone's opinion on my current design choices. Any feedback can be publicly posted here but I'd feel more comfortable sharing my designs privately as I am writing this app on my own. I've never written an app to be submitted for the App Store before so this project is dear to me.

My overall design goals are to keep it minimal, much like the design used in Acorns, and relatable to the users based on their choices. I'd like to bring in elements such as a carousel with blending animations. And I'm debating on flipping the color pallet for the remainder of the app based on a specific choice. I do plan to use a flat graphic for the landing page which will animate from center screen to above the landing view's title.

My designs are loaded in Sketch (buttons were designed in Affinity Designer) if it is easier to share that way.

For another example, check out the Booking Cap UI Kit.

Please provide time for a response as I work on this project after work hours and only have access to it during that time.

Pakaku

macrumors 68040
Aug 29, 2009
Personally, the faster we get away from this hideous flat trend, the better. What was wrong with some contrast and depth?

Reactions: MidgetArcher

mildocjr

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Personally, the faster we get away from this hideous flat trend, the better. What was wrong with some contrast and depth?
I'm not trying to be Windows plain flat. More like a Apple Glass flat.
Will be happy to help. I work within the industry.
Thanks Akash, I'll PM you the attachment when I get home.

Reactions: akash.nu
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.