Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trigf

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
i recently started a new job and was given the opportunity to perform my workload using a Mac. My boss said to order a 15 inch MacBook Pro after WWDC, in anticipation of a refresh/speed bump.

The only thing I'm having trouble figuring out is a decent Thunderbolt 3/USB-C dock that will allow me to connect my dual 24 inch 1080p displays (they have DisplayPort, hdmi, and vga) pass-through USB-C (so I can unplug from the dock and go) and provide a standard USB-A connector for older peripherals.

Both external displays are absolutely necessary for my workflow, so I'm hoping to find an affordable adapter than can connect both. Any thoughts?

Brookzy

macrumors 601
May 30, 2010
UK
The Elgato Thunderbolt 3 dock will be released on June 6 and combined with a USB-C to HDMI or USB-C to DisplayPort cable provides everything you need.

Other Thunderbolt 3 docks, such as CalDigit's, may provide more ports meaning a secondary adapter isn't needed, however their availability is poor to non-existent.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.