Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Twimfy

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 11, 2011
UK
I have a newsstand app which features a paid for weekly auto-renewing subscription.

Last week the app only received two downloads but the in-app purchase received 27 units. The total number of downloads so far is 313 and the total number of IAP is 207 according to iTunes Connect.

What I can't work out is this:

Is the unit count for the IAP unique new subscriptions or are the units being tallied every time a subscription renews each week?

I'm completely baffled. You could assume that it is subscriptions renewing due to the discrepancy between last weeks no. of downloads and the units sold, however the App has had way more downloads in total than subscribers which could suggest that people are slowly activating their subscription (the app offers a lot more to do for free beyond the IAP).

Does anyone know the answer to this? I tried contacting Apple and they said they couldn't comment on sales reports for some reason.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.