Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Need a big, big favor if someone would be willing.

On Thursday, I brought my somewhat ... damaged MBP into a local Apple Store for repair. They said they would have it ready in 24-48 hours.

Yesterday, I covered a concert, shot entirely with my D300, .NEF. About 650 pictures. There are about 4 or 5 that I need ready for my publication by tomorrow.

Naturally, Apple does not have my computer ready, and won't until at least tomorrow afternoon. Currently, the only computer I have at my disposal is a 10.4.11, 1.42GHZ, 512MB iBook G4. No Aperture. There is no way this computer can read D300 .NEFs

Would someone be willing to to edit the 5 or so photos for me? I know this is a super-tall order, but it's time sensitive, and there's no solution that I can come up with that would be economically feasible in the next, oh, 12 hours. I can get the photos off my camera, but I won't be able to read them, much less edit them.

I could definitely assign some photo credit (photo by myself, edited by [whomever]) for this, if whoever would like it if they feel that it's necessary.

And of course, if people have other suggestions, they are more than welcome. But this is all I can see on such short notice, as I don't have any personal acquaintances who own a D300 and shoot in RAW.

Posts/PMs welcome.

lucero1148

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Yeah sure why not. Send it to me at:
plucero@me.com

Send me your specs on how you want me to process it, tif, jpg etc.

You're shooting raw? So send it to me as a zip or stx file via

http://www.yousendit.com

It's a free ftp service that will allow you to send files up to 100mb for free.

It'll upload your files on a server and send me an email to download the file.

I will return it to you the same way and delete your files form my laptop once it's sent to you.
cheers

Patrick

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
awesome. awesome awesome.

If you could convert them to JPEG ~500kb (1024x1024... or something around there) and send those back, that would be excellent. They just need some adjustments with lighting, and some cropping mainly. My favorite one is the one of the singer crowdsurfing while shouting into the microphone, but that, obviously, needs some cropping.

Anyway, expect them within 2-3 hours. Thanks so much again.

lucero1148

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
Just sent you the pics back to the gmail site indicated at gmail. Let me know that you received the pics. File sizes are on average 1090x1090 x 300 dpi or 1.5mb. Hope that's ok for you.

All best
Patrick

Shacklebolt

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
Seriously Patrick, the work you did is everything I could have asked for. Thanks a ton.

lucero1148

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
yo Shacklebolt

no problem. Funny enough I had just gotten my SR MBP back from the Apple Repair shop with a new logic board (2nd time) and wanted to test it out to see if it would overheat.

Nice work on the concert, you're right up in the there and caught the energy of the event. You do have a long filament on your sensor though so I would blow it out ...carefully with some dustoff or use some sort of blower to take it out. It's just about right of center.

For the FF shots I burned in background and some of the people to give more emphasis on your subject. All in all you do good work.
Cheers

Patrick

JKitterman

macrumors member
Oct 10, 2006
You can use Nikon's software for conversion. Look for the downloads section on Nikon's website

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.