Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
So with continous high speed shooting, all i get is a maximum of 9-13 pics and then it goes on buffering mode. It shows on the display [R06] as the maximum memory. Is there anyway to increase this? I use JPEG large/fine as a setting so I shud at least get 70-90 pics continous...thanx!

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
What kind of memory card do you have? This is where the read/write speed comes in. a 133x memory card means nothing in an P&S but if you have a plain old sandisk 33x CF card you that is where your bottle neck is.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
What kind of memory card do you have? This is where the read/write speed comes in. a 133x memory card means nothing in an P&S but if you have a plain old sandisk 33x CF card you that is where your bottle neck is.

I have a x66/10MB a second Sony CF card. Is that a real issue?

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007

BTW, i just put on a sandisk x133 2 GB CF card and still the same problem...

carfac

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2006
a 66 is good but not great... that is 2X, right? Get a 4x.

Also, are you shooting with ADF (AFD?- I forgot!) on? The processing takes some time, too. While I LIKE ADF, for faster motion, you might want to turn it off, just to test.

pdechavez

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2007
a 66 is good but not great... that is 2X, right? Get a 4x.

Also, are you shooting with ADF (AFD?- I forgot!) on? The processing takes some time, too. While I LIKE ADF, for faster motion, you might want to turn it off, just to test.

Im sorry, what do u mean by ADF?

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
Sounds like you're shooting in 14 bit mode. That kills your buffer because the files are harder for the camera to process. Try setting it to 12 bit with no D-lighting and see if you have better luck.

jhamerphoto

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2007
Sounds like you're shooting in 14 bit mode. That kills your buffer because the files are harder for the camera to process. Try setting it to 12 bit with no D-lighting and see if you have better luck.

He said he was shooting at L/F jpeg mode. 12/14-bit settings only apply to NEF files.

As for the 133x card (ie. Sandisk Extreme III) you may want to go to 300x, as I am currently shooting at L/F (if not in NEF) with no d-lighting, and I only get 21 frames. I am looking at a Lexar 8gb 300x card in the near future, I'll let you know how well that speeds things up.

jake-g

macrumors member
Feb 28, 2008
Get a UDMA card. Remember to pay attention to the write speed when shopping for cards. But I have to ask, why are you shooting so many frames in burst? It is much better practice to shoot a small burst, recompose and then shoot more

H2Ockey

macrumors regular
Aug 25, 2008
So with continous high speed shooting, all i get is a maximum of 9-13 pics and then it goes on buffering mode. It shows on the display [R06] as the maximum memory. Is there anyway to increase this? I use JPEG large/fine as a setting so I shud at least get 70-90 pics continous...thanx!

So when you pick up the camera look through the view finder and press the shutter release half way you get [r06] in the lower right corner??? This can be fixed as long as all is well. As my camera is set now it says r21.

or you can RTFM... start at page 77 and go from there. You may have set the max burst at some number. I think resetting the defaults would take care of this as well but the manual is 400+ pages for a reason there is a bit of help in there.;)

Look under Menu-> Custom Setting Menu (the little pencil icon) -> d Shooting /display ->d4 and d5 are your CL mode shooting speed and Max. Continuous release. Even if this is set to 100 it will depend on size settings and what not the buffer is only so big. I sounds like yours might be set ~06 or something like that. Not sure you are at 6fps either.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.