Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

prakhar17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
Hi, I am computer science student and need os x for my development work. Also I play dota 2. dota 2 is not that demanding game can can run on macbook pro. I have got a new monitor 1080p and it doesn't scale well on that. I want a new Mac which can run DotA 2 high settings on my monitor. I found new MacBook Pro are way too costly. Also If I buy the 2015 macbook pro with graphics card, its still costly.

WILL APPLE GONNA RELEASE MAC MINI OR MAC PRO FOR GAMERS LIKE US? WHAT SHOULD I DO! I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THEIR NEW MACBOOK PRO! FIRSTLY I DONT NEED TOUCH BAR! MOST OF THE TIME I USE EXTERNAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE! IF I GET THE MODEL WITHOUT TOUCH BAR IT HAS SO LOW SPECS! DAMN ONLY TWO PORTS! WTF! I NEED MACOS WHAT SHOULD I DO! PLEASE HELP! I AM FED UP! THIS IS TOO MUCH I KNOW BUT I WAS WAITING FOR NEW MAC FROM MARCH! BUT APPLE AINT LOOKING FOR CUSTOMERS LIKE US!! SHOULD I WAIT FOR THEIR REFRESH OF MAC PRO OR MAC MINI OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS? OR GET A WINDOWS LAPTOP AND **** MY DEVELOPMENT WORK ON LINUX!

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
Hi, I am computer science student and need os x for my development work. Also I play dota 2. dota 2 is not that demanding game can can run on macbook pro. I have got a new monitor 1080p and it doesn't scale well on that. I want a new Mac which can run DotA 2 high settings on my monitor. I found new MacBook Pro are way too costly. Also If I buy the 2015 macbook pro with graphics card, its still costly.

WILL APPLE GONNA RELEASE MAC MINI OR MAC PRO FOR GAMERS LIKE US? WHAT SHOULD I DO! I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH THEIR NEW MACBOOK PRO! FIRSTLY I DONT NEED TOUCH BAR! MOST OF THE TIME I USE EXTERNAL KEYBOARD AND MOUSE! IF I GET THE MODEL WITHOUT TOUCH BAR IT HAS SO LOW SPECS! DAMN ONLY TWO PORTS! WTF! I NEED MACOS WHAT SHOULD I DO! PLEASE HELP! I AM FED UP! THIS IS TOO MUCH I KNOW BUT I WAS WAITING FOR NEW MAC FROM MARCH! BUT APPLE AINT LOOKING FOR CUSTOMERS LIKE US!! SHOULD I WAIT FOR THEIR REFRESH OF MAC PRO OR MAC MINI OR SOMETHING LIKE THIS? OR GET A WINDOWS LAPTOP AND **** MY DEVELOPMENT WORK ON LINUX!

So, are you looking to rant, or are you looking for buying help?

If it's the latter, then knowing your budget will help us help you.

Also, if your monitor resolution sucks, then have you considered buying a better one with higher resolution?

prakhar17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
So, are you looking to rant, or are you looking for buying help?

If it's the latter, then knowing your budget will help us help you.

Also, if your monitor resolution sucks, then have you considered buying a better one with higher resolution?
My monitor resolution doesnt suck. Its fine who said you that. When I play dota2 on my monitor connected to my MID 2012 MACBOOK PRO.. fps drop sucks!
You tell me the solution for around 1800$.. Give me all the solution possible.
[doublepost=1477855976][/doublepost]Anyone tried this as a solution?
https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/
[doublepost=1477858709][/doublepost]The new MacBook Pro has TB3.. Can I connect Razer Core to it?

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
My monitor resolution doesnt suck. Its fine who said you that. When I play dota2 on my monitor connected to my MID 2012 MACBOOK PRO.. fps drop sucks!
You tell me the solution for around 1800$.. Give me all the solution possible.
[doublepost=1477855976][/doublepost]Anyone tried this as a solution?
https://bizon-tech.com/us/bizonbox2-egpu.html/
[doublepost=1477858709][/doublepost]The new MacBook Pro has TB3.. Can I connect Razer Core to it?

I said it because you said that DOTA 2 doesn't scale well on your 1080p monitor. Scaling problems are usually a result of downscaling or upscaling artifacts.

Maybe you didn't mean to say "scale well"?

Anyway, have you thought about buying about a used Mac Pro from back when they used to make regular upgradable boxes? Like one of these? http://www.ebay.com/itm/Apple-2010-...560LL-A-CTO-/252144503726?hash=item3ab4fbcbae

Then you can add your own GPU, upgrade the Hard Drive to an SSD, etc, etc. :)

prakhar17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
I think its time to say bye bye to apple. I will keep my MacBook Pro and I am building a pc.

prakhar17

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 25, 2016
This thread is weird.
What's weird? If you had waited for MacBook Pro from March with so much aspirations, you could have understood my state of distress. I know I just yelled out!

Also, I don't like the option Irishman mentioned. As macOS can have problem with different hardware like CPU, GPU that I add.
[doublepost=1477920054][/doublepost]If you have any option, please tell.

Irishman

macrumors 68040
Nov 2, 2006
What's weird? If you had waited for MacBook Pro from March with so much aspirations, you could have understood my state of distress. I know I just yelled out!

Also, I don't like the option Irishman mentioned. As macOS can have problem with different hardware like CPU, GPU that I add.
[doublepost=1477920054][/doublepost]If you have any option, please tell.

Sounds like you've already made up your mind.

Have fun! :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.