Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

sblasl

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Apr 25, 2004
Heber Springs, AR
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the Manfrotto Carbon Fiber MagFiber 055 Tripod - 3 Section?

I would be using it with my D200 & Nikon 17-55mm.

Thanks,

Scott

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
Anyone have any thoughts or opinions on the Manfrotto Carbon Fiber MagFiber 055 Tripod - 3 Section?

I would be using it with my D200 & Nikon 17-55mm.

Thanks,

Scott

Have you looked into http://www.indurogear.com? They have those same type (if not very similar) at a much lower and reasonable price. I bought a A414 tripod from them for my 4x5 camera and I couldn't believe the craftsmanship of them. And trust me, I VERY picky about tripods when it comes to my equipment.

Take a look at them if nothing else.

~Crawn

Kamera RAWr

macrumors 65816
May 15, 2007
Sitting on a rig somewhere
I just looked up those Induro tripods. They're pricey, although no more so than Manfrotto or Gitzo really. Look good and have nice specs :). I'll probably start recommending to friends to look at them... :p

Crawn2003

macrumors 6502
Jul 8, 2005
Santa Rosa, California
I just looked up those Induro tripods. They're pricey, although no more so than Manfrotto or Gitzo really. Look good and have nice specs :). I'll probably start recommending to friends to look at them... :p

They might be, especially for the carbon fiber ones, I will admit. I really thought it was great because they give you a small toolkit with your tripod to change the screw for the head mount, interchangeable spikes for the feet when you're on location and the need arises for spikes, built in strap to carry it on your shoulder, built in level and compass, AND a case to put it in for travel and what not.

Last time I checked, Bogen/Manfrotto didn't give any those (applicable) with their tripods, always a side extra that had to be bought.

But yeah, when I got my A414, I was really surprised it came with a carrying case, a built in strap, and that tool kit. I'd been a Monfrotto person for years and my camera gear dealer said take a look at these guys, better bang for the $$$$!

~Crawn

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.