Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

camperdown9

macrumors regular
Original poster
Hi

I have been using my iPhone's for the past 18 months or so to take a few pictures. However they don't print that well and I think its about time that I got a digital camera.

I want a camera that will take photos that can be printed to a reasonable quality.

I want a camera that's not to big.

I want it to work with places on iPhoto.

And its got to cost less than £400.

Any suggestions?

Alex

Galarina

macrumors member
Jun 27, 2009
You could also consider buying a small DSLR for £400 (e.g. Nikon D40x) and use your iPhone as a GPS data logger to geotag your photos.

I made an iPhone app specifically for this purpose: GeoLogTag.

TheSVD

macrumors 6502a
mate, my canon 1000d cost me £400 :) (DSLR)
Though if not that, maybe that panasonic lumix FZ um, something or other ( i forget, someone will know what i mean, you know that real good p&s?) a High end fujifilm (i like the s2000HD myself, cause it does 720p video and you get all the manual controls like a dslr) or a high end canon p&s.

My 2 pence ;) seeing as your british, lol :p

globalmark

macrumors member
May 3, 2008
Most are very simular these days for the Price range , I have been through several Brands over the years , Sony (never seem to last Long) olympus I have come Back to several Times , very good Value the small Olympus u (mui's) they are called are great , and can be waterproof/shockproof models,
Bonus with Many olympus they make there own Underwater cases so if you go on Holiday Diving/snorkelling you can get great cheap Housings for them.
Many other makes sell UW cases for them but not so cheap and good .

otherwise I would recommend Nikon or Cannon also

Thats my 2cents worth Hope it Helps

wixberry

macrumors member
Oct 8, 2009
Jakarta
A decent pocket camera: sony, olympus will do what you wanna do...

but if wanna play around DSLR nothing wrong with that, especially the entry level one.

when choosing the camera, make sure you will have a nice comfy grip on it

jst share my two cents... :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.