Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Geese1

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Dec 7, 2018
Hoping someone can help me here.

I have a large collection of photos/images in an album on my iPad. Probably somewhere between 3000 - 4000 currently. I'm not so much worried about organizing them, but I would like to have some way to bookmark the current photo I'm on so that when I reopen the app I can pick up browsing right where I left off.

Currently just using the default Photos app on my iPad, and that works okay as long as I leave the app suspended in the background and don't actually close it. However, if I ever need to close the app or restart the tablet (say after a software update), I'll lose my place in the album. The last picture will still show on the thumbnail for the app when I open up the app history/suspended apps, but when I actually pull it up it will default to the home page in Photos. That means I have to remember where I left off, and then scroll through my album again to locate the one particular image, which can be a real pain when dealing with large collections.

Does anyone know of an app that would have some sort of bookmarking feature, where I can just mark the particular photo or image I'm on in an album and be able to start back from that same location whenever I want?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.