Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

hughmichael

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 4, 2007
Strathearne
I have old files in Publisher that I need to open for updating.

My problem is: the .PUB files of ten years ago are fuzzy and blurry after I change their format several times.

After I change them to PDFs that then open in Preview, I do a screen capture, turning them into .PNG, and then even if I change them to .JPG format, they just get blurrier and blurrier and blurrier.

I need a program that can read Publisher on a Mac. Then, no loss.

Any ideas?

Also, is there a PDF maker that is flexible enough to let me take a random 3 pages from 300 or so, and work with them?

Much appreciated.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
May 3, 2009
Other then going to PDF, there's no way to open them natively.

robo456

macrumors 6502
Mar 3, 2008
New Jersey
If that thread's ideas don't work, you can email it to me and I can try to open in in Publisher 2016 (on the PC side) and 'deconstruct' it so you can use the parts in whatever program you want on the Mac side...

--rob

Reactions: AlliFlowers

hugh.michael

macrumors newbie
Oct 3, 2015
Chapleau River
If that thread's ideas don't work, you can email it to me and I can try to open in in Publisher 2016 (on the PC side) and 'deconstruct' it so you can use the parts in whatever program you want on the Mac side...

--rob
[doublepost=1476536968][/doublepost]Many thanks. Created PDF. solved.
[doublepost=1476537018][/doublepost]

Created PDF, solved. Thanks for the help. Much appreciated.
[doublepost=1476537114][/doublepost]
Other then going to PDF, there's no way to open them natively.
True enough. made PDF, settle for that. OK. Stick to PC, forget the war between the multinationals.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.