Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Cdd23k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2018
I was emailing a unscrupulous car dealership about a car purchase. They made a statement in one of their emails that was evidence that they cheat their customers. Weeks later when I looked for the email to report them to the Better Business Bureau, the incrimnating email was gone. Can someone pull back an email they have sent? If so, is there anyway for me to retrieve a copy of that missing email. I am using a MacBook Pro with High Sierra and my iPhone running IOS 11.4.1. I also back up to iCloud on my phone. There must be a copy somewhere.

Cdd23k

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 28, 2018
They can't 'pull it back'. Do you have a backup of your Mac?
[doublepost=1535480298][/doublepost]When I googled about pulling back an email, there were several topic on how to do it. My iPhone is backed up on iCloud

Mr_Brightside_@

macrumors 68040
Sep 23, 2005
Toronto
Can you post a source to that?

Your iCloud backup won't help unless it's from prior to it disappearing, and usually they are up to date, meaning the old one is overwritten. Time Machine on your Mac works differently, but if it's not set up it doesn't help.

chabig

macrumors G4
Sep 6, 2002
Emails cannot be "pulled back". If you no longer have it in your trash, try Time Machine. If it's not there you're out of luck.

Reactions: Mr_Brightside_@
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.