Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aevan

macrumors 601
Original poster
Feb 5, 2015
Serbia
This may seem like a silly question, but I've rarely used external batteries before, and honestly, I never charged my Apple devices with anything other than Apple chargers.

Now, I know that people use external batteries for a lot of things, but then again, people will often sacrifice battery longevity for convenience (for example: charging the batteries with the fastest charger they can get their hands on).

Recently, I got a nice Hama external battery but I still haven't used it with my iPhone X (or iPad). I use it mostly for my Kindle, once I used it to charge my Switch.

My question is: Are these things safe to use and are there any negative side effects to the battery?

Again, this might be a silly question, but I guess someone here knows about this than me. Thanks.

imlovinit

macrumors 6502a
Feb 8, 2012
They’re safe. I use my Anker external whenever I travel or I know I’ll need extra power later. Never an issue with battery performance.

Reactions: aevan
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.