Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
FYI - Nest is investigating an issue with iOS notifications not going through to the iPhone 7. I spent at least an hour going through app settings and iOS notification settings before calling nest support. All my other apple devices are still working fine. The Nest website has been updated to reflect the issue. I hope this message may prevent others the frustration and wasted time that I experienced. I suspect nest will update their app to fix the issue.

Ssunbrn

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
iOS notifications for things like 'movement detected in Zone(s)' are not displayed on some iPhone 7 devices. This does not impact email notifications or any Nest hardware functionality.

The issue may be limited to users that have paired their iPhone 7 with an Apple Watch -- but I'm just guessing here.

Last edited:

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Working perfectly for me. Got several notifications yesterday when the roofers were finishing up the sun room roof. Day before I got a warning that my camera at the front door was off line.

wesselya

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Working perfectly for me. Got several notifications yesterday when the roofers were finishing up the sun room roof. Day before I got a warning that my camera at the front door was off line.

Same issue with my camera. Any update on this ? I get email alerts but no notification. This should effect the protect and thermostat but it does the camera :(. Nest reps are helpless at most times seams like most of the times that I call I know more about the issue then them.

Newtons Apple

Suspended
Mar 12, 2014
Jacksonville, Florida
Same issue with my camera. Any update on this ? I get email alerts but no notification. This should effect the protect and thermostat but it does the camera :(. Nest reps are helpless at most times seams like most of the times that I call I know more about the issue then them.

Mine is working fine. Not sure what your problem is. The nest people are not trained well from the few times I talked with them. Have 4 cameras, 4 thermostats and two smoke detectors.

SoloStyle

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2011
I'm so happy I saw this thread. I've spent the day checking and rechecking my Nest app, wondering why I'm not receiving any notifications on my iPhone 7+. Please keep us updated if you find out anything.

mikeb71

macrumors member
Nov 28, 2012
UK
I was on the ios10 public beta and everything worked fine, but since getting my iPhone 7 Plus this has stopped working .

wesselya

macrumors member
Oct 9, 2012
Looks like they just updated for iPhone 7 Plus users because my app updated and it's working for me now

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.