Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
Am a little confused; after reading quite a few online articles.
Is Netflix app available on the latest Apple TV, or not?

mic j

macrumors 68030
Mar 15, 2012
You are probably confused by the TV app vs the Apple TV. The Netflix app is available for the Apple TV but Netflix does not participate with TV app.

circatee

Contributor
Original poster
Nov 30, 2014
Georgia, USA
In early January 2017, I bought the Apple TV. To be honest, I've only used it once! I almost keep forgetting I even have the thing...

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
In early January 2017, I bought the Apple TV. To be honest, I've only used it once! I almost keep forgetting I even have the thing...

Do you have any iTunes movies or TV Shows?
Do you have cable/satellite/fios TV already?
Do you have another streaming box?

Just wondering why you bought it, what did you want to do with it and why aren;t you using it.
We watch Movies/TV episodes from iTunes on ours. Sometimes watch live TV on apps (we have cable). Sometimes play games. sometimes watch cooking of DIY how-to's.

more often that not the cable/Fios box is turned on first. unless my son just wants to play Minion Rush and automatically turns on the AppleTV and the TV at the same time.

d21mike

macrumors 68040
Jul 11, 2007
Torrance, CA
Do you have any iTunes movies or TV Shows?
Do you have cable/satellite/fios TV already?
Do you have another streaming box?

Just wondering why you bought it, what did you want to do with it and why aren;t you using it.
We watch Movies/TV episodes from iTunes on ours. Sometimes watch live TV on apps (we have cable). Sometimes play games. sometimes watch cooking of DIY how-to's.

more often that not the cable/Fios box is turned on first. unless my son just wants to play Minion Rush and automatically turns on the AppleTV and the TV at the same time.
In my case I returned all of my FIOS Boxes (2x DVR and 2x STB) so I can ONLY use the Apple TV. My goal was 1 box and 1 remote on all TV's with same UI and Content.

Reactions: BJMRamage

BJMRamage

macrumors 68030
Oct 2, 2007
In my case I returned all of my FIOS Boxes (2x DVR and 2x STB) so I can ONLY use the Apple TV. My goal was 1 box and 1 remote on all TV's with same UI and Content.

I just signed up for a new Fios 2-year contract in November...then out came Playstation VUE app on AppleTV and the DirectTV Now and those look very interesting. I think VUE looks better to me. I figure I will look over details of it all and figure out my costs with internet and a router/modem (rent or buy my own). the one downside is MLB and NFL. I could see the costs on those packages or do I just watch them when they come to a AppleTV channel or the local CBS station that Vue will show.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.