Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Rychiar

macrumors 68030
Original poster
May 16, 2006
Waterbury, CT
So I got my new Apple TV 4k and was excited to set it up with my new tv and receiver and things worked okay at first and then I started to notice a spinning red wheel every time I went to play content on Netflix. Now movies never load. I get an error 5009. It makes no sense cus I have 90mb internet and Netflix works perfect on every other device including the smart tv itself in 4k. And every other streaming service works just fine on the Apple TV. I’m at my wits end with calling Apple, my ISP, and Netflix. They all blame each other and nothing has solved my problem. I reset, restore, login and out, unplug, bought a new hdmi cable all to no avail. If I take the Apple TV to my parents house and plug it in to their 1080 tv Netflix works just fine... yet here it won’t even work if it set it to 1080

Hermes Monster

macrumors 65816
May 4, 2010
UK
Def sounds like a network issue, but it sounds like you've tried everything. Have you tried a wired connection, instead of wi-fi? One thing to test would be to turn on hotspot on your iPhone and connect to that, to see if you can stream.Then you know it's the ISP/router and not the ATv or your TV

Reactions: kappaknight

triangletechie

macrumors 65816
Apr 21, 2017
NC
I've also noticed Netflix screwing up the last few days on my 4K model. I have ATT Fiber getting 400 mbps up and down on wi-fi so it's most certainly not an issue on my end. The Netflix app works fine on every other device I have except the Apple 4K model.

rpolanco3

macrumors newbie
Jan 3, 2018
I've also noticed Netflix screwing up the last few days on my 4K model. I have ATT Fiber getting 400 mbps up and down on wi-fi so it's most certainly not an issue on my end. The Netflix app works fine on every other device I have except the Apple 4K model.
[doublepost=1515049079][/doublepost]I have exactly the same issue. I just both 4K vizio tv and 4k apple TV. I can stream Netflix directly from the TV smartcast but it does not load thru 4k apple TV. it gives me 5009 error. Netflix tech support said that error message means the app is not getting out the internet. my system is Ethernet connected and the connection is fine. there's got to be some sort of incompatibility of Netflix app with 4k apple TV. but nobody want to accept responsibility they blame each other.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.