Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jayfire124

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Need some help. If you had the choice would you buy a second hand late 2013 15" rmbp with 512Gb and 16G Ram for £1100 or pay £1079 for a brand new late 2015 13'rmbp. It is mostly for photography processing in Lightroom and Photoshop although I also own a GoPro and will use this a lot more this Summer.

The only thought I have against the 15" is that it is second hand with no warranty and the 13" would be brand new. I don't want to let up the opportunity to get the second hand 15" if folks think it would be far better. My main machine is a Mac Mini 2.3 i7 with a 512 SSD and 16Gb RAM

The screen size is not a deal buster.....

Your thoughts as I don't know which way to go ???

Samuelsan2001

macrumors 604
Oct 24, 2013
For your work case the quad core and better GPU will make a massive difference not to mention how much easier photo and video editing will be on the 15 inch screen. Unless portability is at a premium then a 15 inch is better for you use case, however only you can decide how you want to spend your money.

Tomorrow

macrumors 604
Mar 2, 2008
Always a day away
It would have to be an utterly spectacular machine for me to consider buying a 2-year-old computer over a brand-new one. It might not sound like much, but in computer terms, that's well into middle age, at least. Just my opinion.

jayfire124

macrumors member
Original poster
Nov 9, 2007
Thanks guys for your views, somewhat have to agree with 'Tomorrow' re the '2 year old' machine with no warranty.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.