Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

APPLEGO

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 7, 2017
Hello, my fellow friends! How’s your day?

There’s a BAD NEWS for the new iPad Pros in 2018. Apple “Shop for College/University” Page currently has an offer which states that buying a Mac or iPad Pro at eductional pricings and getting free Beats. The problem is that this offer ends September 25th.

10.5 inch and 2nd Gen 12.9 inch iPad Pros are eligible for this offer for sure, will the unannounced new iPad Pros still be eligible? If they aren’t gonna be eligible, we will see the arrival of new Pros after Sept. 25th (They may not be featured on September Keynote.) ; if they are gonna be eligible, new Pros will definitely be available to purchase before Sept. 25th

I truly hope to see the arrival of new Pros this Sept.

Last edited:

masotime

macrumors 68030
Jun 24, 2012
San Jose, CA
If you're looking specifically for the Beats offer then yes you would be losing out depending on the schedule.

If you're just looking for a discount and are based in the US I wouldn't worry so much. I've noticed that Best Buy et al. regularly posts discounts on "Pro" Apple devices (anything with the "Pro" moniker) by $100-$300 depending on the base price - you'll probably see maybe $100 off the iPad Pros, possibly even this year. For those that remember it, Target had 15% off the 12.9" iPad Pros very soon after they were first launched.
[doublepost=1535633446][/doublepost](Historical) Case in point: https://9to5toys.com/2016/06/03/best-buy-ipad-pro-deals/

gobikerider

Suspended
Apr 15, 2016
United States
Keep in mind the Mac back to school promo started then they randomly dropped the new Pro on us this summer so it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw them at a Sept event.

CB98

macrumors 6502
Jun 6, 2018
Keep in mind the Mac back to school promo started then they randomly dropped the new Pro on us this summer so it wouldn’t surprise me if we saw them at a Sept event.
That gives me hope. I thought it started when they were released.
[doublepost=1535639188][/doublepost]
That gives me hope. I thought it started when they were released.
Edit:
Just checked and they were released the day it started (12 July).

Reactions: gobikerider

gnomeisland

macrumors 65816
Jul 30, 2008
New York, NY
The timing does seem strange but nothing seems clear about what/when will be released in September. Lots of stuff to update. No clear timeline about when—well iPhones are the surest bet.

ericwn

macrumors G5
Apr 24, 2016
One could argue that most kids and students won’t have the financial background to purchase an iPad Pro- and the 2018 iPad seems to be way more popular for that target audience. Tech nerds and YouTube wannabe reviewers excluded of course ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.