Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

uptherighttree

macrumors member
Original poster
Jun 16, 2008
I'm on my 4th 5DmkII and about to send this one back.

between parts falling off the camera, imaging issues or Err20 and Err30 problems i'm really not enjoying being the owner of the new 5DmkII

None of the cameras have lasted more than 48 hours without a fault developing. the third one lasted only 5 minutes before being sent back.

I'd really expected better.

rant over :)

wheelhot

macrumors 68020
Nov 23, 2007
wow, that's very unlucky for you. Hope the 5th one will serve u better. I wonder why are you getting horrible luck with 5D MKII, I never heard anyone with such QC problem as yours.

SWC

macrumors 6502
Jan 6, 2004
I haven't had any issues either. I have had my camera since January.

Martster

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2008
Van Diemen's Land
Cam #2 for me

I'm on my second camera, the first had large chunks of foreign material in the viewfinder right out of the box plus a very loose CF door. The second one is much better, but both have produced fantastic images.

Canon have some serious QC issues with this camera, but having said that having copped 4 lemons in a row is extraordinary bad luck. Hope you get a good one next !

MattG

macrumors 68040
May 27, 2003
Asheville, NC
Eek...sorry to hear about that. Hope the 5th one is the charm.

A friend of mine just bought one of these..hope she has better luck with hers.

bertpalmer

macrumors 6502
Apr 12, 2007
Sorry to hear that.

I've also had mine since January and been incredibly happy with the ISO performance and beautiful image quality.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.