Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
newegg delivered my new baby yesterday and all I can say is HOLY CRAP that printer is HUGE :eek:

When researching what printer to buy, I did come across various posts/reports/reviews about its size but until it was sitting there, I had no clue at how large it really was. Yikes.

Overall I'm incredibly pleased with the output. I've done very little to use various icc profiles for the paper I bought and the output is phenomenal.

Because newegg has a 48 dollar instant rebate, a 100 dollar mail-in rebate and 6 dollar shipping charge. I recommend it highly. You cannot beat the price and the performance is tops.

I cannot believe an inkjet printer could produce such great prints. I had a kodak 1400 dye sub printer that has given me nothing but trouble. I'm hoping (and I'm cautiously optimistic) that the Canon will be more reliable. The kodak had constant paper jams, the rollers failed to grab the paper and to top it off, kodak discontinued the printer

Artful Dodger

macrumors 68020
I just got the 9000 MKII last week also and the paper arrived yesterday (13x19) sample pack from Canon but I also had some Ilford Pearl 8.5x11 that is nice to use. Some time tomorrow I'll be printing up a photo or two on both the Photo Rag (188g/50lbs) and the Museum Etching (350g/93lbs) to see how I like the difference using the 13x19 papers.
I have also read that some folks have used an art paper where they created an outline for art work, printed it on the 9000, then a day later used watercolor and/or gouache with great results.
Good luck and enjoy :D

maflynn

macrumors Haswell
Original poster
May 3, 2009
While the printer was very affordable, relatively speaking. Getting my stuff to use it can be a bit pricey. I bought a set of 8 ink tanks for backup, and some more paper. I'll probably get away with buying individual tanks now that I have a reserve set. One major reason why I chose this model is because that it has 8 separate tanks for colors

btw, I printed out some black and white prints and they came out good as well. That has been one of the criticisms of this printer but for me the quality was very good.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.