Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

horrgakx

macrumors member
Original poster
Dec 5, 2007
UK, North West
Hi all. I'm looking to buy the larger iPad Pro but I've heard rumours that the models are going to be refreshed soon. Does anyone have any knowledge of when this will be?

blaine07

macrumors 68020
Nov 14, 2014
Oklahoma
Ok thanks for that. I might just buy now as I want it within this tax year.

You'll be glad you did. It's a fully capable device. Mine fits in my Apple Ecosystem nicely. It doesn't replace my rMBP but it certainly has its place between 7 plus and rMBP depending on what I'm doing. Have Logitech Create Keyboard for mine and super nice to pop out, send a few texts and emails and go about my day. Also handy working with PDFs and Apple Pencil, use it quite a bit for that in my workflow. Mobility is the best thing about IPP for me.

Reactions: sracer

sracer

macrumors G4
Apr 9, 2010
where hip is spoken
Even if nothing is announced in March, keep a sharp eye out for sales on the current model. With the 12.9 Pro regularly going on sale for between $100-$175 off there is very little reason to pay full MSRP. (except if you have a deadline)

Coolpher

macrumors 6502
May 8, 2008
Seattle,WA

If I were you I would just go for it but if you're like me and you don't want to pay the full price up front get a cellular model from your carrier And set up a device payment plan like I did through Verizon they actually have some discounts going on i've had mine since December 2, 2015 and I love it use it every day more than my rMBP if they do end up announcing new models you have two weeks to return it just like you would through Apple
[doublepost=1489219738][/doublepost]
Even if nothing is announced in March, keep a sharp eye out for sales on the current model. With the 12.9 Pro regularly going on sale for between $100-$175 off there is very little reason to pay full MSRP. (except if you have a deadline)

I agree if you're not under a time restraint search out a deal they are out there for either Wi-Fi Or cellular model

TonyK

macrumors 65816
May 24, 2009
Actually I'm holding off until after mid-April because of the rumors of an Apple event coming soon to a spaceship near them.

Otherwise I would purchase the 9.7" iPad Pro for the 12MP camera over the 12.9" 8MP iPad Pro. I also like the form factor of the 9.7 better than the 12.9. Those are personal preferences but having the higher resolution camera would be a good thing.

Dave245

macrumors G3
Sep 15, 2013
I think the Apple event will happen in March, these rumours of a April 4th event seem to be forgetting that Apple haven't moved into the new campus yet and the Steve Jobs theatre won't be ready until later this year, they will begin to move into the new campus starting in April and it will take 6 months to complete the move.

brendu

Cancelled
Apr 23, 2009
Using Google my friend will be much quicker than trying to get answer from this forum in a timely manner. Google is your friend.

I agree. I also know how to sift through the endless **** google spits out with countless rumors contradicting each other. There's nothing wrong with asking a group of people who probably know well enough and waiting for their answers. Might not be your way or mine to solve our problems but it works for others.

Reactions: horrgakx and Donka
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.