Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spacegray

macrumors regular
Original poster
Apr 10, 2016
Hi together,
as i already mentioned in an other thread, my new iPad 10.5 wifi 256GB is slightly curved. When placing a rule on the display from the bottom to the top, there is a gap of about 1-1.5mm in the middle. The back side of the iPad has a corresponding light bump.
For me, the curve is visible to the naked eye, but i am quite sensitive to geometric errors.
Is this normal for the 10.5 iPad pro, or should i return it?

robertosh

macrumors 65816
Mar 2, 2011
Switzerland
I bought one last week for my wife and I didn't notice anything wrong... but anyway I don't think that this is normal... You should call Apple or go to an Apple Store..

lexie36

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
Hi together,
as i already mentioned in an other thread, my new iPad 10.5 wifi 256GB is slightly curved. When placing a rule on the display from the bottom to the top, there is a gap of about 1-1.5mm in the middle. The back side of the iPad has a corresponding light bump.
For me, the curve is visible to the naked eye, but i am quite sensitive to geometric errors.
Is this normal for the 10.5 iPad pro, or should i return it?

TinyChip

macrumors regular
Sep 19, 2015
California
Any Apple product exhibiting warp, when it should be plainly flat and level when set down, is defective. My new iPad Pro 10.5 is flawless—it’s flat, level and straight.

Here’s my story about dealing with a warped MacBook. It happened years ago, I bought a brand new aluminum MacBook Pro that was ever so slightly bent in the corner—It wobbled when placed on a desktop. This was its condition straight out of the box. I purchased it from an Apple Store. I immediately returned it, told the Genius that bent corners aren’t normal. I relentlessly argued for 10 minutes, then the store manager authorized a new replacement.

Don’t wait, don’t settle for a bowed or warped iPad. Go return it.

lexie36

macrumors newbie
Nov 10, 2017
hello ive got the same problem i have my ipad has curved slightly tried gently bending it back but dont want to damage it trying to weigh things on it to flatten it I’m phoning Apple to see if there’s anything they can do about it

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.