Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

omairrr

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 30, 2018
Guys,
I Want to get the new iPad Pro 12.9 with the keyboard case. However, I am a bit concerned about the design. The previous iPad Pro, the keyboard would close up so the screen would be touching the microfibre back.

On the new folio, the keyboard literally closes on the iPad pro’sn screen. How is does that not damage/scratch the iPad Pro screen?

Reactions: A.R.E.A.M.

Mabus51

Suspended
Aug 16, 2007
It doesn’t scratch the screen. Mine has been attached practically everyday and no scratches. I don’t use a screen protector either.

mdjasrie

macrumors regular
Dec 26, 2009
Singapore
No scratches on my screen so far after typing extensively on the keyboard folio. That being said, just don’t type with greasy fingers or any sticky residues that might stick on the keys and transfer to the screen.

byron_hinson

macrumors 6502
Jun 3, 2003
None on mine so far after a few weeks of use. Screen is awful for fingerprints anyway, worst I’ve seen on any apple touch device so far.

anthony13

macrumors 65816
Jul 1, 2012
I dont understand why it would scratch the screen? The only thing you have to be careful of is debris. The general rule of thumb is that for glass to be scratched, it must be scratched by something of a ‘harder’ substance than the glass itself. This is why sand is the usual suspect, as it often gets everywhere. Clean off the keyboard before you close it and there’s basically no reason why the screen should ever be scratched.

artfossil

macrumors 68000
Oct 5, 2015
Florida
If you're paranoid about scratches, just use a piece of paper or a microfiber cloth between the keyboard and the screen. (Back in the day, I used to put a piece of cardstock over my MacBook Pro keys. I even wrote "Screen" on the side that faced the display.)

shenfrey

macrumors 68030
May 23, 2010
I am probably mistaken, but I am under the impression that the object causing the scratching, has to be harder than the surface it is scratching in order to create any kind of abrasion. As the keyboard is softer than the screen it's self, I would be confident in saying that it won't scratch.

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I am probably mistaken, but I am under the impression that the object causing the scratching, has to be harder than the surface it is scratching in order to create any kind of abrasion. As the keyboard is softer than the screen it's self, I would be confident in saying that it won't scratch.
By now, OP's case is probably scratched up.

• Haha
Reactions: Broadus
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.