Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dollymc

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 10, 2020
I purchased the Apple iPad pro 11" 2018 on Jan 27th 2020 . Unboxed and started using 5 days ago. For the last 2 days the device overheats on using for more than 1hour and showed High temperature warning multiple times.

Yesterday my device Backlight went off(hard to see anything)and I took it to Apple authorised service center.

They refused warranty saying the device is very slightly bent. I cannot see the bent nor can my friends.But the service provider refused to accept warranty saying it's very slightly bent.

It's just been 5 days since unboxing and the device was always handled with care.

Any advice what to do next?

Ifti

macrumors 68040
Dec 14, 2010
UK
Your 14 day return period ends today. I'd just return for a refund.
Failing that, take it to Apple rather then the service provider.

Reactions: Freakonomics101

AutomaticApple

Suspended
Nov 28, 2018
Massachusetts
I purchased the Apple iPad pro 11" 2018 on Jan 27th 2020 . Unboxed and started using 5 days ago. For the last 2 days the device overheats on using for more than 1hour and showed High temperature warning multiple times.

Yesterday my device Backlight went off(hard to see anything)and I took it to Apple authorised service center.

They refused warranty saying the device is very slightly bent. I cannot see the bent nor can my friends.But the service provider refused to accept warranty saying it's very slightly bent.

It's just been 5 days since unboxing and the device was always handled with care.

Any advice what to do next?
Before you do anything else, take it to the Apple Store.

Reactions: UltimateSyn
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.