Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

rck77

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jun 16, 2013
New iPhone ordered, shipped -- redirect delivery to FedEx OnSite Walgreens?

Answer: NO.

Do not try it. Adds delay. I made the mistake of trying to use it. Here's what happened.​

-- Apple ships new iPhone via FedEx Priority Overnight.

-- The shipping options selected by Apple [Special handling = For Saturday Delivery, Residential Delivery, Indirect Signature Required] enable the FedEx system to offer the choice to "Hold at Location -- Have your package held at a nearby location" ... among other options grouped under "Select your residential delivery option" -- "FedEx provides convenient delivery options tailored for you at your home. On your time. Select the option that best suits your needs."

-- Once "Hold at Location" is selected, the FedEx system gives a range of options, like FedEx Office, FedEx Ship Center, and FedEx Authorized ShipCenter locations, and select locations of these stores: Albertsons, Kroger, Walgreens.

-- Sometime after selecting that option to have my device delivered to Walgreens, the Requested Delivery status said "Pending", with the address of the Walgreens, and all tracking history stopped.

-- After having no tracking changes for over a day -- after the FedEx shipment "Departed Memphis" -- I talked with a FedEx CSR at FedEx Tracking Support. I learned that my request to FedEx to redirect the shipment to FedEx OnSite Walgreens has been denied by Apple, and, that the process of requesting approval from the shipper to make such change can add 24-48 hours of delay. And the shipment of my new device has now been re-directed to be delivered to the original address ... tomorrow.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.