Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Is your UBER app displaying your Rider Rating automatically in Menu icon?

• Yes, I have automatic Rider Rating displayed under my name in Menu icon.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DougsMac

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 28, 2017
New Haven, CT
The UBER update released recently is supposed to show you your Rider Rating when you open the Menu Screen where your pic and name appears automatically. Your score should appear just below your name.

Not in my case. On my iPhone..still had to go layers deep to find my rating after installing the latest update from the Apple app store.

Here is how to find your UBER Rider Rating:
1) Open "Menu" icon in upper left corner. (the 3 stacked lines)
2) Open "Help".
3) Open "Account and Payment Options".
4) Open "Changing my Account Settings".
5) The 5th selection down should be "I'd like to know my rating". Open this.
6) Hit the "Submit" button at bottom of screen. Your score will appear.

Voila!...UBER has made your life so much easier by now digging 6 layers deep vs. having to, in the past, email them for your rating. But, if this is happening to you don't expect to then see your rating in the Menu icon from now on...you have to follow this procedure each time you want to check your rating!!! Brilliant!

What a freakin' joke.

UBER also nearly makes it mandatory to have your Locations Services on all the time to use app. You can still go into settings and turn the Location Settings for UBER off and on each time you want to use it, but with the older version of UBER app you had the choice to have Location Service active for the app "only when in use"....not any more....time to start using the LYFT app instead. I think you have more control of such matters with LYFT.

Reactions: t1meless1nf1n1t

Pow!

macrumors regular
Oct 17, 2014
Toronto
And on mine, the update (3 days ago) put my user rating right underneath my name, at the very top of the menu. It's the first thing you see when you tap the menu button. Hope everyone else gets the update soon too so they don't have to stress like DougsMac!

As well, I entered a fake name in the app. The CC info doesn't have to match the name you give Uber, so drivers ask if I'm *fake name* and I say yes. No problems so far, and Uber has slightly less of an accurate profile on me.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.