Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

radicalmatzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Hey kinda a lame question, but its kinda vital for my photography business on myspace. I just switched over from my Powerbook g4 to my new Imac...and when i try to add pics now to my myspace profile, the "Iphoto Library" tab is grayed out and it can't be clicked on to reach my photos. I have no idea why this is or how i can adjust it. Any help would be awesome. thanks guys.

radicalmatzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
iPhoto 08 has changed the way iPhoto stores images. Instead of a folder structure they are all stored in a single package.

Thank you for the info....but how would i go about getting into my iphoto pics now? Like i can see the iphoto tab right there but i just cant access it.

radicalmatzo

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 23, 2007
Either use the export option from inside iPhoto, or right click on the iPhoto library package and select Show Package Contents

i found the first option, but having trouble finding the second option you mentioned...thank u for the help.

skybolt

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
Nashville, TN, USA
Apple changed the structure to a package to keep users from mucking about in the library in finder -- doing so can/will cause lost photos, corrupted photos, etc. The export command is your friend. Do anything and everything to/with your photos from within the app and all will be well. Forget that the library in finder is even there. Stay out!

enzymeman

macrumors newbie
Oct 11, 2007
Revert to iPhoto 06?

Hi:

I am regretting converting to iPhoto 08 from 06.

Is there anyway to revert back to 06? I did not remove the 06 app from my computer when I installed 08.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.