Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeycolumns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Does ANYONE know when this DVD will be released? Does it even exist?

I have written to Alan Moren at Camerent - he apparently produced the DVD and edited it. I have written to Jon Gray himself but neither have replied to me. I understood the DVD was to be released at Focus 2010 but not so.

I write columns for photography, film and music publishers and would love to see the new DVD for my write up in April. If anyone has any information, or better still a copy I would dearly love to hear from you!

Thanks all,

Janey

columnist@london.com

AndySpinks

macrumors newbie
Apr 20, 2010
Camerent are crooks!

Camerent are absolute crooks and are not a proper camera hire company. I gave them my bank details and they took an extra £1000 out to what was agreed... 2 weeks later I still don't have my money.

The company they arranged for me to pick the camera stuff up at say that Camerent lie to customers the whole time, and try and get this other company to lie to them too.

If you haven't yet given them your bank details - don't!

janeycolumns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Camerent Feedback Please!

I'm shocked to hear that Camerent do not appear to have the reputation I was lead to believe. Are you absolutely sure this is the same company?

I understood Alan Moren was a film producer based in Soho and that he recently bought the famous Wheeler End studios to produce high quality films.

In several articles recently Alan Moren has spoken of his success with Camerent Hire and how he has taken the UK market by storm, with plans to expand into Ireland, Paris and the US.

Does anyone else have any accurate information based on personal experience with Camerent?

Janey
columnist@london.com

janeycolumns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
Alan Moran, Camerent and the Jon Gray DVD

Finally I can report that I have received word from Alan Moran that the new Jon Gray Photography DVD is ready for release, three months after the shoot. I am curious to know what took so long but assume it is because the DVD is going to provide all 'Togs' with some of Jon Gray's techniques, expertise and wisdom.

The write up via the Camerent website promises to deliver a cutting edge production filmed and edited by Alan Moran. I shall be writing a column based on my findings. Lets hope Camerent deliver, everyone will be watching this one!

Janey
Columnist@london.com

janeycolumns

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 12, 2010
New Jon Gray Photography DVD

Well, surprise surprise, after receiving an email from Alan Moran at Camerent to say that the DVD was ready for release I am still none the wiser.

At this stage I have to say how disappointed I am at the lack of professional service Camerent provide as a production company at Wheeler End Studio.

Firstly the DVD was shot in January 2010, as I write this update we are in early May 2010, by professional standards this is a 'very' long time, I should know my husband is in film production.

Director, producer and editor Alan Moran informs me by email that the reason the edit has taken so long is because Jon Gray's commitments elsewhere have prevented him from viewing the final cut.

I will eventually view the dvd for my column and hope that I am struck dumb by the quality of filming and editing techniques.

For the amount of time this has taken it better be good.

Jane Herresh

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.