Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

aliceblack90

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 31, 2019
Colourful Colorado
I just purchased a MacBook pro a month or so ago. Recently, the charger has started connecting and immediately disconnecting. The computer is then not able to charge and dies. This happened a few days ago and while the technicians at the Apple store were not able to look at it, switching chargers and changing outlets did not fix the problem. I came home and closed it and left it for a while and it charged enough to update. I thought that had fixed the issue as I had no problems for the next three days or so. However today the problem has suddenly returned, and my previous fix did not work. All USBC ports are working with all other devices. Changing the cable and/or block does not fix the problem. It is not related to an outlet, and the computer is fully updated.

I've been googling for hours but can't find anything. Am I the only one who is having this issue? It's the newest Macbook Pro and has USBC charging.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.