Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

fmsaviotti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
London
Hi Apple Fan,

I have had already several mac, but this issue is the first time that is happening to me.

I just got the new Macbook Pro, and on startup it happens that it doesn't log in but instead kind of crash and automatically reboot. You can try several time with no chance of logging in.

I had to overwrite OSX to make it work again, but then it happened another 2 times (where it has been solved again reinstalling OSX). In 1 month I had to reinstall 3 times, and that is VERY frustrating.
Has anybody experienced this issue before?

You can find a video here of what the mac does:

I look forward to read your comment.

Thank you,
Francesco

DeltaMac

macrumors G5
Jul 30, 2003
Delaware
Have you tried the built-in Diagnostics?
https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT202731

I suspect that you have a failing storage drive (the SSD)
That's nothing that you can repair.
I'm pretty sure that your MBPro will need service.
Call AppleCare for help. You have 90 days of free phone support, even if you did not purchase the extended AppleCare warranty.
Or, take to a "genius" to give Apple a chance to fix.
You have a minimum of 12 months warranty --- I think you will get to use that.

ZapNZs

macrumors 68020
Jan 23, 2017
I agree this appears to be a hardware issue - especially if you have already tried reinstalling macOS and it began doing this again (I am guessing you already tried the standard PRAM/SMC reset.) If you wanted to completely rule out software causes, you could try booting into safe mode, but I think at this point you may want to plan on getting the system serviced. That must be crazy frustrating and I hope Apple resolves it fast!

fmsaviotti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
London
Hey guys thanks for the feedback, I have tried to use the Diagnostic but no issue is found.

I really hope apple will solve this, will bring it in on Thursday, the only "problem" is that now is not doing it, and therefore I hope they will still manage this issue and don't tell me to get back once it doesn't work again. Will keep you posted!

duervo

macrumors 68020
Feb 5, 2011
Startup in safe mode. If you still have the problem, then bring it in for service. If problem goes away then you likely have something installed that's causing the problem (I would suspect third-party kernel extension in that case.)

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
If it starts rebooting again, see if you can use a phone to capture a video of it doing so, to show to the Apple techs...

fmsaviotti

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 14, 2017
London
Guys I went to apple today and the guy seemed to be familiar with the issue even though it is not very common, he told me it is related to Firevault and the encription that is done. I had migrated from another mac with time machine and maybe it has messed up something and he said that by disabling and re-enabling that should be sorted. Will keep you posted if that happens again!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.