Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

KUguardgrl13

macrumors 68020
Original poster
May 16, 2013
Kansas, USA
Hello! I know this has probably been asked before, but I couldn't find a solution in old threads.

Basically I'm trying to set up new mail accounts on my rMBP running Sierra (and my iPhone 7). The first account is a Google Mail account, and the other is an Outlook Web App account. Both are college student accounts. I've set up both through Internet accounts in Settings, but when I try to open them in Mail they show as offline. I have several other accounts already set up including my personal Gmail account, work Outlook, and another school Google account. These were all set up on previous version of OS X/mac OS without issue.

So what's the issue here? Am I missing some sever name or setting? App passwords are not an issue with the Google account as they are disabled as a feature (not by my choice). Help! I would prefer not to have to download extra apps on my phone or remember to check these accounts in my browser on my Mac.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.