Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Somebody may have mentioned this already here, but I've been seeing some interesting rumors lately floating around the Nikon camp.

The two that seem the most interesting to me are:

Nikon D3s: same sensor (tweaked slightly) with expanded native ISO range of 200-12,800 and with the ability to go above 100,000. 1280p video. And a burst rate (DX I'm sure) of 14 fps.

Nikkor 16-35 f/4 AF-S VR N: this would be a great (and hopefully more affordable) alternative to the 14-24 f/2.8 lens. Landscape shooters don't need the fast aperture, and the saved weight would probably be welcome. I think that if this lens is announced I will begin to make preparations to purchase it.

there are rumors of a few other lenses as well, but I can't remember the specifics off the top of my head.

Announcement is speculated for on or near the 15th of October.

Could be cool!

SLC

seedster2

macrumors 6502a
Sep 16, 2007
NYC
Wonder how impactful the D3s' release will be on current D3 pricing. Im not in the market for a new body, but would be willing to sell the D700 for a pro body.

My pennies are going towards the 70-200mm f2.8 VR II for the time being.

compuwar

macrumors 601
Oct 5, 2006
Northern/Central VA
Wonder how impactful the D3s' release will be on current D3 pricing. Im not in the market for a new body, but would be willing to sell the D700 for a pro body.

Likely not much at all. Nikon's bee quite conservative in production with the economic downturn, so there's not boatloads of stock sitting on shelves.

Paul

electroshock

macrumors 6502a
Sep 7, 2009
Likely not much at all. Nikon's bee quite conservative in production with the economic downturn, so there's not boatloads of stock sitting on shelves.

Mildly put. I've been hearing from folks elsewhere who's desperate to score a D3 -- whether new or used because it's been harder than usual to find them available for sale lately.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.