Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Original poster
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Information regarding a May 21st release date for Pentax's newest flagship DSLR has been leaked.

http://i.gizmodo.com/5224457/what-ho-a-new-pentax-dslr-looms-coming-may-21

Rumors abound as to the new features but it is almost certain to be another APS-C model. The coolest rumors I've read so far include better high ISO performance, a much improved AF system, Video mode, and some shooting information such as histogram which will be projected into the viewfinder much like a HUD. And also an improved Shake Reduction system.

It's also rumored to have a 100% coverage optical glass pentaprism viewfinder, and magnesium alloy construction.

Anyway, I'm moving to Nikon for the FF D700. But this camera looks to be a great upgrade from the K10 or K20D camera bodies.

At the very least, it's nice to see Pentax taking a step forward during the recession, this hopefully serves to quiet some of the folks who've been speculating that Pentax may be close to going out of business.

SLC

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.