Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mcphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
I wanted to show you my new web site.

http://web.mac.com/michaelcampbellphoto/Site/Welcome.html

(if link does not work try copy and paste.
I purchased Apple's iWeb on Saturday and on Sunday I built this web. Considering it is my first attempt t web design it is not too bad. Lots of room for improvement
What do you think any suggestions?
and expansion.

Michael

Attachments

• dance-card-layers-copy.jpg
    dance-card-layers-copy.jpg
    290.4 KB · Views: 124

thr33face

macrumors 6502
May 28, 2006
My suggestions:

It is strange that the first image points to apple.com, this is kinda confusing.

I would get rid of the shadows under the photos. I don't like the yellow frame around the thumbnails.

have a nice day.

mcphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
My suggestions:

It is strange that the first image points to apple.com, this is kinda confusing.

I would get rid of the shadows under the photos. I don't like the yellow frame around the thumbnails.

have a nice day.

Thanks that link was a mistake I changed it and I agree about the yellow frames I removed those too.
Much appreciated your helpful comments.
Have a nice day yourself
Michael

mcphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego

Attachments

• Michael-Campbell-Card600.jpg
    Michael-Campbell-Card600.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 81

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
By the time I saw this thread your site had changed for the better, I clicked the first link.
I think, to be honest, this is the time when I'll say your site seems to be useable but that doesn't even seem to matter because this is the case when your work is so outstanding that I wouldn't care of your site were done in all florescent colors! There are times when the work speaks for itself and you absolutely are one of those people.

mcphoto

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Aug 15, 2007
San Diego
By the time I saw this thread your site had changed for the better, I clicked the first link.
I think, to be honest, this is the time when I'll say your site seems to be useable but that doesn't even seem to matter because this is the case when your work is so outstanding that I wouldn't care of your site were done in all florescent colors! There are times when the work speaks for itself and you absolutely are one of those people.

Thanks for the kind words

On Saturday I had 37 kids from the Hollywood Group to photograph in 5 hours I took over 900 photographs ... It was work. $35 cash each

This morning I just tried a quick experiment as I had found some old Nikon cables. Having seen Phil Borges photos taken in Africa etc I wanted to see how you can easily control the worst lighting for portraiture.

I hooked my S5 up to the SB800 on a stand and used a scrim over Annalise. Mid day sun nasty shadows...
Then did a bit of selective toning in Photoshop.
Dead easy way to do outdoor portraits in horrible light conditions . The whole thing took 15 minutes from going out the door to making the print.
see with and without control below...
cheers
MC

Attachments

• annastretBA.jpg
    annastretBA.jpg
    57.4 KB · Views: 98
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.