Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

NRose8989

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 6, 2008
I'm getting into photography but i really don't know much. is there any good online tutorials (preferably video) that teach about all the technical terms and how each work, like selecting the 'ISO", "shutter speeds" etc. and when to use these. I'm getting a canon digital rebel xti (is this a good starter camera?). thanks.

taylorwilsdon

macrumors 68000
Nov 16, 2006
New York City
I'm simply regurgitating what I've heard before, but apparently the book "Understanding Exposure" is phenomenal. Its on my short list to pick up the next time I get gifted a book store card.

jsfpa

macrumors regular
Oct 26, 2003
I'm simply regurgitating what I've heard before, but apparently the book "Understanding Exposure" is phenomenal. Its on my short list to pick up the next time I get gifted a book store card.

A definite must read.

casher

macrumors newbie
Jun 18, 2008
I concur with everything! I have the Understanding Exposure book and it is a most have! Speaking of Scott Kelby...I would also recommend two books by him you might look into getting: 1. The Digital Photography Book 2. The Digital Photography Book, Volume 2. I have many books by Scott, and they are all outstanding. Also look take a look at his Blog http://www.scottkebly.com for some great info and links. Good luck!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.