Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
OK, so I have my raw images and want to do some editing. I searched and downloaded the Adobe DNG converter and upgraded my RAW plug-in, but Photoshop CS still won't let me open my files.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I clicked "show all files" and finally got a .DMG image to open, but it opens has gray static in CS...what am i doing wrong?

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
OK, so I have my raw images and want to do some editing. I searched and downloaded the Adobe DNG converter and upgraded my RAW plug-in, but Photoshop CS still won't let me open my files.

Any suggestions?

Edit: I clicked "show all files" and finally got a .DMG image to open, but it opens has gray static in CS...what am i doing wrong?

Which acr (raw plug in) did you upgrade to? I think the latest is 2.4 for CS?
This is to support the D200 < i think.

any acr upgrades over 2.4 are for CS2 (i think)

what camera are you using and is it supported by version 2.4?

No doubt i will be corrected by one of the forums more knowledgable users
if i've got it wrong....................... but i think i'm right :eek:

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
I never put my camera mode; that was stupid.

Rebel XT

and now the bad news;

You will need at least PS CS2 with ACR 3.1 or 3.2 for the Rebel XT :( it's not directly supported in earlyer versions of Photoshop, sorry.

I think there is a Free DNG converter from Adobe you may be able to use then once converted edit the images in photoshop.

http://www.adobe.com/products/dng/

hope this is of help to you

SLC Flyfishing

Suspended
Nov 19, 2007
Portland, OR
Yup you're going to have to download the DNG converter and make your RAW files into DNG, or use the software that came with your computer.

Or you could upgrade to CS2 (if you can find one) or CS3.

SLC

LillieDesigns

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 18, 2005
Los Angeles
The first thing I did was download the DNG Converter and switched all my files to .DMG and CS still won't let me open them correctly. They just open and gray static squigglies.

Mr.Noisy

macrumors 65816
May 5, 2007
UK™
Do you not get some basic software with the canon ? sorry i don't know only use Nikon, alternativley if you don't want to spend a bundle pick up PS elements, not sure if you need version 5, only other real alternative is upgrade to CS2.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.