Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA
In Finder I see a Device called Remote Disc. I have no idea what it is any help please?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 5.40.54 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2012-09-27 at 5.40.54 PM.png
    273.6 KB · Views: 133
Last edited:

hallux

macrumors 68040
Apr 25, 2012
Is this your only Mac? If not, is the SuperDrive shared from another Mac?

snaky69

macrumors 603
Mar 14, 2008
This MacBook Pro is my only Mac my first :) and the SuperDrive only shows up when I connect it to the MacBook Pro

I'm assuming you have a retina MBP, if that is the case, that is your ability to use another computer's optical drive over a network for installing stuff.

iRobby

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Mar 22, 2011
Fort Myers, FL USA

Aww, so if I'm reading this correct then this device listed is listed by default since my Macbook Pro Retina doesn't have a built in Optical Drive and can't be taken off the list in case I want to use another computer's drive. Even though I never will since I purchased the USB SuperDrive?

----------

I'm assuming you have a retina MBP, if that is the case, that is your ability to use another computer's optical drive over a network for installing stuff.

Yes it's a Retina btw NO ISSUES with it PERFECT first one! I guess I should have mentioned Retina in the post even though it is listed in my signature

GGJstudios

macrumors Westmere
May 16, 2008
Aww, so if I'm reading this correct then this device listed is listed by default since my Macbook Pro Retina doesn't have a built in Optical Drive and can't be taken off the list in case I want to use another computer's drive. Even though I never will since I purchased the USB SuperDrive?
If you never use it, you can ignore it. I don't know of a way to disable it.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.