Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dingo Dave 69

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 23, 2007
I am upgrading from my iPhone XS Max to the 13 Pro Max and plan on buying an apple leather case. I am also tempted to buy the magsafe charger but I remember when these launched apple issued a warning saying they can make your cases, what’s everyone’s experiences of this on a leather case?

I also have AirPods Pro and an Apple Watch, do the airpods charge on the MagSafe pad? Any thoughts on the best chargers to go with? I liked the look of the Belgian 3 in 1 but wonder if that would charge the iphone 13 slower than and USB-C to Lightning cable?

Any thoughts or experiences with MagSafe and particularly the leather case would be great to hear. Similarly, keen to hear what people think of the Belkin MagSafe car holder.

usagora

macrumors 601
Nov 17, 2017
Been using the Apple leather case with my 12 Pro with MagSafe exclusively - looks as good as new - no issues.

As for what MagSafe can charge:

Screen Shot 2021-09-17 at 5.31.28 PM.png

So, you can't charge your AW with it.

cannono

macrumors 6502a
Oct 21, 2014
Leather cases in general get worn, with black hiding the patina and dirt best. In my experience, MagSafe left a temporary mark but then it disappeared over time as the whole case got worn in and smoother with use.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.