Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

bjmach

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 10, 2008
Was hoping that someone could guide me in the right direction about learning the ins an outs of Photography? Is there a site online that goes into some basics? Can recommend a good camera for a beginner? I'm just starting to take interest and want to research and learn more as a hobby. Figured I would start here for some help. Thanks.

bjmach

CrackedButter

macrumors 68040
Jan 15, 2003
51st State of America
My own blog tries to cater to those who are new to photography, it has a blog roll of interesting links to more content about photography and how to and where to get started. Some good ones are "TWiP" and "Strobist" for the technical side of things while "Magnum" and "VII Photo Agency" to see how the masters are practicing photography. I also like to give highlight to good podcasts related to photography.

My friend is on the blog roll with his site called "Photojournalism Links" and he has tons more content for those interested.

Its there to help others.

timmyb

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2005
United Kingdom
This is a very good site.

Understanding Exposure by Bryan Peterson is a very good book to help with the learning process.

The Nikon D40 is a top camera.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.