Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Romeo604

macrumors regular
Original poster
Oct 17, 2005
How to expand existing picture 1024 x 768 (or any size pic) to 1920 x 1200 with iPhoto or other program?

I am really interested in learning also how to edit and take photos... thanks for any replies to this newbie!

Doylem

macrumors 68040
Dec 30, 2006
Wherever I hang my hat...
I am really interested in learning also how to edit and take photos...

Phew... big question. If I was starting photography today, I'd borrow books from the library - to get some of the theory - and badger someone who takes decent pix to 'walk' me through the basics... in as simple a way as possible. Then I'd look for a beginner's camera and shoot, shoot, shoot... :)

Westside guy

macrumors 603
Oct 15, 2003
The soggy side of the Pacific NW
How to expand existing picture 1024 x 768 (or any size pic) to 1920 x 1200 with iPhoto or other program?

Photoshop (or Photoshop Elements) has a "resize image" command that works very well. The default "bicubic smoothing" option will do a very good job when you're upsizing an image. The only thing to watch is if your image is in GIF or another format that's not 24-bit color - you'll want to convert it to the RGB colorspace first in that case (not a concern with JPEG or TIFF).

Jan 30, 2006
For further learning try iTunes podcasts related to Photoshop and Photography. Sometimes they give great advice that can help you a lot.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.