Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
The newest beta has absolutely destroyed my MX Performance mouse. It lags, freezes, stops moving all together for seconds at a time. I've deleted third party programs, restarted, tried to update the Logitech software... nothing fixes it at all. Anyone else having this issue? Any temporary fixes?

cocky jeremy

macrumors 603
Original poster
Jul 12, 2008
It's beta software
Rollback to public build

Not sure how. lol. Just found out it works perfectly fine on top of my desk (maybe 5" higher) but still lags and freezes on my keyboard tray. No idea what's going on.

iLG

macrumors regular
Sep 30, 2011
Not sure how. lol. Just found out it works perfectly fine on top of my desk (maybe 5" higher) but still lags and freezes on my keyboard tray. No idea what's going on.
Recovery mode restore will install 9.2.1. Then you can only restore from the backup made before going to beta.

flowrider

macrumors 604
Nov 23, 2012

I use my MX mouse on metal extension beside my keyboard. I have the receiver on the end of a USB cable taped to the bottom of the extension right beneath my mouse. I find I get the best performance with this configuration. And yes, after every update I have to repair the darn thing.

Lou

Fishrrman

macrumors Penryn
Feb 20, 2009
I've used Logitech mice for years, but I've NEVER used the Logitech driver software.

I've used either USB Overdrive or SteerMouse instead.

Right now, the developer of SteerMouse has a public beta that will run until June. Seems to be working fine with my old Logitech MX-610 mouse (which Logitech has never supported for the Mac at all).

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.