Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
I like this idea...they'd just show up as redirects. Would obviously take some work on the backend to do the redirect posts and figure out an easy way for editors to direct them to the proper forums.

Can't promise anything, but I'll bring it up with the team and see if it might be worth doing.

Reactions: grahamperrin

countryside

macrumors 6502a
Jan 9, 2016
I like this idea...they'd just show up as redirects. Would obviously take some work on the backend to do the redirect posts and figure out an easy way for editors to direct them to the proper forums.

Can't promise anything, but I'll bring it up with the team and see if it might be worth doing.
What if you posted the thread in the relevant sub-form, but had a redirect to it in the announcement forums. You guys have a complex setup going (XenPorta? I am guessing something custom), but I know on my forum that XenPorta posts redirects on the news/blog page. Not sure if that makes sense or not.

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
@WildCowboy can you steer me to the topic where people complained about iOS-specific (or iOS-oriented) articles being primarily in the wrong place, and the consequent devaluation of Spy?

grahamperrin

macrumors 601
Original poster
Jun 8, 2007
OK, np, maybe Google will find it … I spent around half an hour searching and browsing, no joy so I posted to a Spy-related topic.

Last edited:
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.