Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Xeo84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Hello, I just released NewsNinja a free RSS reader app, available on iPhone, iPad, Apple Vision Pro (MacOS coming soon).

I was a bit annoyed by reading the same story reposted over and over by every news outlet so I tried to find a way to group them together.
NewsNinja allows to group similar articles, optimizing the reading time.

Main features:
- RSS Feeds
- Default to reader mode, ability to view original or open in Safari
- Group similar articles (customizable by selecting 3 different algorithms and treshold)
- Summarize article (currently using OpenAI, this is a paid features since it relies on paid APIs)
- Various configuration options to optimize and customize your reading experience

Other than for the summarizing feature, the app is free to use, I hope someone finds it useful.

Privacy: I use firebase to collect analytics on app usage and crashes, there is no account required and no personal data is collected.

NewsNinja on App Store
NewsNinja website

Attachments

• Simulator Screenshot - Apple Vision Pro - 2024-06-21 at 21.26.43.jpg
    Simulator Screenshot - Apple Vision Pro - 2024-06-21 at 21.26.43.jpg
    294.3 KB · Views: 46
  • Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.11.jpg
    Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 9.11.jpg
    560.3 KB · Views: 26
  • Group 7.jpg
    Group 7.jpg
    917.3 KB · Views: 24

Xeo84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
It uses Apple Cloudkit.
So if you are logged in into iCloud from your device, it will automatically sync settings between all devices logged in with the same account.

Xeo84

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 3, 2012
Version 1.2.0 is now available.

I've added MacOS support and support for various new languages.
It also includes a better way to follow rss feeds, I'll add new categories in the Discovery section over time.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.