Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

davidhunternyc

macrumors regular
Original poster
Dec 26, 2011
This thread exists to post your ideas of what you would like in the next iPad Pro. Please post your thoughts here.
[doublepost=1521344925][/doublepost]My idea is for a matte, tactile screen which would work effortlessly with the Apple Pencil. A major criticism with the iPad is, not that Procreate app is lacking but, the surface of the iPad Pro is glossy. Most professional FX designers use a Wacom Cintiq (matte screen) and also use an iPad (glossy screen) with Procreate as an ancillary. How can we move the iPad Pro to center stage instead of playing second fiddle to Wacom? Wacom's weaknesses aside, how can we make the iPad Pro equal and surpass the Wacom Cintiq? Make a matte screen, for starters.

Here is my proposal: Make the next iPad Pro with a matte screen so that the Apple pencil will feel closer to real paper than ever before.

Last edited:

subjonas

macrumors 603
Feb 10, 2014
There were one or two recent threads like this, but...

Besides the assumed usual updates, the only things I want are things Apple will probably never do:
- native video IN + pencil OUT
- forward facing speakers
- I might take a nice built-in 180 keyboard (basically make it a convertible laptop form factor)

Otherwise there’s nothing I’d change. I like my 12.9’s screen size and bezels. My list for the Apple Pencil is longer.

Edit- Oh yeah I’d like a matte screen too for pencil friction and for less reflection and fingerprints. But again, something Apple probably won’t do because it reduces clarity. But this isn’t a big deal since an aftermarket matte screen film can be applied.

Last edited:

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
I don't think it's happening anytime soon, but I would like to see Force Touch make its' way to the iPad Pro. I sometimes catch myself trying to firmly press on a chat, message or weblink out of habit to open a preview because I'm so used to it from the iPhone. It also would make for a more consistent user experience because many functions that are done via Force Touch on the iPhone (like opening Control Center bubbles) are done via long presses on the iPad, which can be rather confusing when switching between them often.

I suppose we haven't seen it yet because it would be more difficult to technically implement it on the larger iPad screen than on the iPhone, plus the iPad doesn't have a taptic engine like the iPhone which supports the whole Force Touch feel on the iPhone (although I suppose haptic feedback wouldn't be absolutely necessary for Force Touch, considering everything else on the iPad works just fine without it aswell).

On the other hand, we even have Force Touch on Macs so it would make sense that it comes to the iPads eventually.

Reactions: nathanalf

Greenmeenie

macrumors 68020
Jan 14, 2013
This thread exists to post your ideas of what you would like in the next iPad Pro. Please post your thoughts here.
[doublepost=1521344925][/doublepost]My idea is for a matte, tactile screen which would work effortlessly with the Apple Pencil. A major criticism with the iPad is, not that Procreate app is lacking but, the surface of the iPad Pro is glossy. Most professional FX designers use a Wacom Cintiq (matte screen) and also use an iPad (glossy screen) with Procreate as an ancillary. How can we move the iPad Pro to center stage instead of playing second fiddle to Wacom? Wacom's weaknesses aside, how can we make the iPad Pro equal and surpass the Wacom Cintiq? Make a matte screen, for starters.

Here is my proposal: Make the next iPad Pro with a matte screen so that the Apple pencil will feel closer to real paper than ever before.

I doubt Apple would ever do that, cause this is easily fixed with the use of a screen protector
[doublepost=1521375724][/doublepost]I would love easier less precarious charging of the apple pencil. Perhaps a magnet hold to the smart connector instead of the current lightning connector method. That way the end of the apple pencil could be used as an eraser instead.

Also, if apple plans to do away with the bezels of the ipad pros and increase the screen sizes, i'd like to see this lineup:

13.5" ipad pro
11" ipad pro
8.5" ipad pro mini

Last edited:

afir93

macrumors 6502a
Jan 5, 2018
This is easily fixed with a screen protector
[doublepost=1521375724][/doublepost]I would love easier less precarious charging of the apple pencil. Perhaps a magnet hold to the smart connector instead of the current lightning connector method. That way the end of the apple pencil could be used as an eraser instead.
I don't know how technically feasible it is, but I would love to see the Apple Pencil being chargeable wirelessly via the AirPower mat, similarly to the new AirPods case. I don't think they'll drop the Lightning connector on it completely anytime soon, but just being able to throw it on the mat with your other devices would be a nice solution.

ronnyromero

macrumors newbie
Feb 12, 2016
Graphics
  • 13" screen with smaller bezels (overall size will decrease)
  • Native 4k resolution, cinema type (4,096x2160)
  • 144mhz refresh
Video Camera
  • 4.5k video recording at 120fps
  • Cinematic Dynamic Range (16.5 stops)
  • 200-6400 ISO Range
A/V Playback
  • Video out support up to 4k (Supporting Dolby Vision and HDR10 content)
  • Dolby ATMOS (HDMI and Headphone implementation)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.