Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

janeauburn

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Nov 22, 2015
I think the phone to get is going to be the successor to the X...the one released next year.

Apple is going to get beat up pretty badly over this year's releases: the boring 8 with bugs, and the X with delays and even more bugs.

Hold on to your current phones. Wait this cycle out.

Cancelled
Jun 28, 2017
The X has never been delayed and how can you know that it has bugs before it's released?

Man, this year has inspired the silliest threads.
It wasn’t delayed in the sense that it had been previously announced and pushed back. It was delayed though. Apple wanted it on September 23rd with the iPhone 8. Anyone who would deny that is simply crazy. So is it technically delayed? No. Was it delayed internally? Yes. Due to manufacturing.

Cancelled
Jul 12, 2016
I think the phone to get is going to be the successor to the X...the one released next year.

Apple is going to get beat up pretty badly over this year's releases: the boring 8 with bugs, and the X with delays and even more bugs.

What Metric are you using to define 'boring' for the iPhone 8? What about the millions of iPhone users that will upgrade to the iPhone 8 from an older iPhone, does that classify it is boring to them, or is just based on your opinion on a tech site.

spooky23

macrumors 6502a
Jan 11, 2013
Epping
I think next year's phones will see minor updates to what was offered this year. Nothing major

Exactly. It will be a more refined version of this years (X). Perhaps a Plus version. Apple love incremental updates and considering they've showcased and are about to release the next generation - they're unlikely to change things in a massive way. Slow brooding progression. I'm not complaining. I think the year ahead will also allow devs and software to catch up and produce a fluid UX.

Reactions: juvenileguy

AnthonyG6

macrumors regular
Sep 13, 2017

Some people just say that every year, "wait until the next one". It's not going to stop me from buying the iPhone X and if next years one is significantly better, I'll buy that one too.

macTW

Suspended
Oct 17, 2016
It wasn’t delayed in the sense that it had been previously announced and pushed back. It was delayed though. Apple wanted it on September 23rd with the iPhone 8. Anyone who would deny that is simply crazy. So is it technically delayed? No. Was it delayed internally? Yes. Due to manufacturing.
Didn’t know you worked at Apple and had board of director insight on internal delays.

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
18048530-3D-Happy-new-year-2020-Stock-Photo.jpg

And still wont see iphone X in local store or apple store

Jimmy James

macrumors 603
Oct 26, 2008
Magicland
The current phone has rarely been considered the one to get, except:
-iPhone 4 - was always slow as a slug
-iPhone 6 - low ram, it bent, touch disease.

DNichter

macrumors G3
Apr 27, 2015
Philadelphia, PA
I am really not sure what the point of threads like this are. Do you just need other peoples approval to justify your decision not to buy this year? You made your decision not to buy the X, that's totally fine, but it doesn't mean you need to try to deter or put down people from making the decision to go with the X. There will be delays like there are every single year, but about 10-20M people will have the X on launch day. And what bugs? You are blindly making things up when bugs can happen to any product released. The 8 has had more bugs than the 7 and nobody is saying that phone is a dud. Lastly, there is no reason someone can't get the X this year, enjoy it, and then get the successor next year. Really, just give it up. Just because you don't want the X doesn't mean someone else is wrong for choosing it. Or vice versa. Make your buying decision and move on.

The Game 161

macrumors Nehalem
Dec 15, 2010
UK

How about you let people make their own decisions on what they buy.

titrau

Suspended
Aug 16, 2017
iPhone 6 - 7 - 8 - X = same brain

just upgrade performance

No more creation |

eoblaed

macrumors 68040
Apr 21, 2010

I'll get next year's phone for sure.

I'm getting this year's X, too. I can wait for next years's phone with an old phone or with a newer, more capable phone. I prefer the later.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimpilot
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.