Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
I am a little puzzled.. maybe you guys can enlighten me.

Since the Pixel phones were released I have not seen any Nexus 6P for sale! I am not talking about the dodgy Asian companies (that sell phones with missing UK/EU LTE modems) or eBay.. I am referring to UK based companies (in store or online).

What has happened to all the stock that would have been left unsold after the Pixel announcement.. I was expecting some price drops so I can pick one up.

Very strange!

Any thoughts?

KKH

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
My thought is people don't want to pay Pixel pricing so they bought up all the 6P's after the Pixel launch. Did you miss all the sticker shock on all the tech sites?

Oohara

macrumors 68040
Jun 28, 2012
There's a ton of them on sale still here in Sweden. Prices haven't dropped though. Maybe for xmas. Meanwhile, tons of mint condition units bought this year going for ca €250 on Tradera (Swedish eBay).

kkh786

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Nov 25, 2013
United Kingdom
Unfortunately here in the UK they seem to have disappeared over night after the Pixel announcements.
I cannot see them on sale even for initial RRP in a UK outlet (in store or online).
That is a shame (although there have been firesales with the Nexus 5X).

Reactions: Tig Bitties

Tig Bitties

macrumors 603
Sep 6, 2012
Is strange how Google handled the 6P a year later. Typical is a big price slash and fire sale to deplete inventory. They do that on all their other phones years past.

The Motorola Nexus 6 launched at $649. Then twelve months later it was on sale for $299.

I was expecting the Nexus 6P to hit that $299 mark in October and be on sale everywhere, like Amazon, Best Buy, etc...but instead the 6P pretty much disappeared and was never talked about anymore after the Pixel launch.

lowendlinux

macrumors 603
Sep 24, 2014
Germany
Is strange how Google handled the 6P a year later. Typical is a big price slash and fire sale to deplete inventory. They do that on all their other phones years past.

The Motorola Nexus 6 launched at $649. Then twelve months later it was on sale for $299.

I was expecting the Nexus 6P to hit that $299 mark in October and be on sale everywhere, like Amazon, Best Buy, etc...but instead the 6P pretty much disappeared and was never talked about anymore after the Pixel launch.

Google want the Nexus gone

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.